Don't miss out the latest news, tips & tricks
There is nothing better than putting your Out of Office on and finally being able to get excited for Christmas. But before you wind down for the holiday period, it is important to make sure your business is secure. Unfortunately, break-ins or cybercrime are more likely to occur during quiet business periods or holidays when thieves know you won’t be there.
Follow our 8 tips below to make sure your business is secure this Christmas:
- Leave a light on, whether a small lamp or battery-operated light in order to save costs: this applies to the office and home when you are not there.
- If the budget allows the installation of CCTV or an alarm system in the office can be a great deterrent: most CCTV systems will allow you to view footage via an App, so you have reassurance whilst you enjoy the festivities.
- Make sure your online security is up to date, and check if any updates or renewals are due in case you are not covered over the holiday period.
- Use a password manager for all your passwords instead of jotting them down, trying to remember them, or even recording them on your laptop or PC.
- Don’t advertise on social media when you are out of the office. If you want to update clients and employees, you can email specific people instead of posting it online when it is available in the public domain.
- Install two-factor authentication to keep devices secure.
- Whilst out of the office, use personal mobile data or hotspots instead of public Wi-Fi, as this can lead to personal data being compromised.
- Give your employees cyber security training to keep them up to date on what to look out for and how to stay safe online.
Equipped with these tips; your business can make significant changes to ensure a safe, secure workplace and no unwanted holiday surprises. If you want help with your online security and advice to keep it secure: contact one of our team – Magnetar IT | Contact Us – Magnetar IT